Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life Story

Four years ago today, I was marrying the love of my life. It was a night to remember and a day that I will never forget. Many events took place, but the one I remember and will forever, is the fact that I lost my wedding ring on my wedding day. Oh, what a story. And we finally found it months later, after we went and bought another one. And four years ago today, was a day that started another chapter.

I would have never guessed that my life story would have had so many chapters. So many good, bad, and tragic chapters. But that is the way our book has been written. It's my life, our life. We didn't have the power to write everything ourselves, but we have had the chance to read it all.

Although Brian and I have been married today for four years, we have been together for eleven. If someone would have asked me eleven years ago what our life story would look like, I would have never thought it would have looked like it does.

Don't get me wrong, we are happy. We love each other and care about each other. But there are some chapters in our story that just shouldn't be there. If we could tear out the pages and start the chapter again, it would be nice.

At the same time, there are other chapters of the book that are just too short. One chapter ended without a proper ending. A few others started but never got any where. And countless others, just don't make sense.

Everyone has a book full of chapters. Some happy, some sad, some tragic. Some complete, some not so. Regardless, the chapters are put together to form a story. A story of love, of marriage, of family, of friendship, of trust, of life.

Our story, though not what we planned, is our story. It is not someone else's story, but it is our very own life story. One that will be ours forever! One that we will live to its fullest to ensure we have a happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. dont you feel like you've been married 50 years after all you've been thru? i know i do some days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, yes.. other times, no... cause I feel like the world has stopped.

    ReplyDelete