Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Have My Dreams

I read this post today, courtesy of a Facebook share, but it really made me stop and think.  The post can be accessed HERE and I would highly recommend reading it if you are contemplating a possible career change. 

I have wanted to have my own business forever.  I remember going on an interview when I was just starting out (like still in high school and I was about 17).  The question was asked, "where do you see yourself in 20 years?"  I responded, "I will own my own business."  Of course that was the worst answer I could have given during the interview, but something that has stuck in my mind for years. 

So here I sit, unemployed and looking for work.  I have been exploring everything over the past few months, but nothing is that PERFECT job.  Of course I know that work sucks, but there needs to be something out there that makes me love what I do. 

There is... and I found it after my life changed in 2010.  I love to crochet and make things... I like to make DIY crafts and projects.  I enjoy making cards and candies.  I must figure out a way to make what I love to do become my reality, my job.  Like the post says, "Dreams don't work unless you do".  I have my dreams, they have been with me all this time.  Now I just need to work hard to make them come true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment